Centrally located in the Midwest United States, Dynamic Tube Incorporated (DTI) was established in 1976 and is a leading manufacturer of mandrel bent metal tubing, fluid conveyance, and sealing systems. The company produces a short run, low/mid volume, high performing product line that includes custom-made pipes for engines.
Initially, the company specialized in the manufacturing of high-pressure diesel fuel injection lines, but the company expanded into hydraulics and other pressurized fluid and gas tubing applications, associated end forms, sealing systems, and pipe weldments. DTI was an early pioneer in the evolution of automated tube bending on the journey to today’s modern technologies utilizing CNC bending and coordinated measuring systems. Since that time DTI has continuously grown its capabilities and business.
The VP of Business Development & Sales is a newly created position at Dynamic Tube. The goal for the individual in this position is to work with the president to build and lead a high-performing sales organization comprised of employees and independent representatives to execute the company’s strategic growth plan. The company will continue to enhance its capabilities in and around its core specialty utilizing the sales organization to grow geographically and diversify its market and customer base.
The VP of Business Development & Sales will be responsible for building a sales organization to expand sales in territories outside the upper Midwest while maintaining relationships with current customers and growing market share in the upper Midwest. In this role, you will train and develop the sales force on Dynamic Tubes' core and capabilities and work with the CEO to establish realistic expectations for the sales force and provide leads for the sales force. Travel is expected to vary between 5-10 days/month depending upon business, customer needs, and opportunities.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and lead a sales organization that delivers profitable growth and balanced portfolio of business.
- Capture new business targeting key accounts and establishing relationships that diversify markets and customers in a manner aligned with the strategic plan.
- Manage existing accounts and customer relationships in business-to-business industrial sales.
- Develop and manage employees and third-party sales representatives retained by DTI.
- Establish priorities based on objectives defined in the company’s strategic plan; meet customers and prospects' needs; support the field sales organization.
- Understand DTI’s field of specialization, competitive landscape, and direct resources to prospect in a focused and targeted manner.
- Meets agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner while working with the DTI management team.
- Establish sales plans to achieve company objectives; communicate status and progress to objectives reporting directly to CEO, and periodically to the board of directors as upon request.
- Establish promotional plans and lead generation targeting key markets and customers
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate profitable revenue growth through new and existing customers and markets.
- Achieve market and customer diversification to create a balanced portfolio of business.
- Recommend adjacent/complementary service and product offerings that enhance DTI’s value proposition to customers.
- Travel as required to service business opportunities and customer relationships.
- Establish, maintain and service accounts to ensure high customer satisfaction, positive long-term relationships and repeat business.
- Work with management to provide business planning to reach sales goals, perform routine internal reporting to executive leadership team, and provide periodic executive briefings to company Board of Directors upon request.
- Be personally accountable for time and resource management establishing priorities to reach sales goals.
- Monitor and facilitate quotation process ensuring timely follow up by working closely with Customer Service, Engineering, Marketing and Executive Management.
- Develop plans to effectively assess customer needs, present products and solutions, and close sales.
- Understand buying decisions, buying processes, and supply chain management strategy of customers and develop corresponding action plan.
- Consistently maintain account information, customer contact, and documentation follow-up details electronically. Currently, there is no CRM system in place, so there will be an opportunity to introduce a new application or enable ERP features.
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years in sales and management in a related technical/industrial capacity
- Comfortable developing new market penetration in Transportation, Medical, Marine, Gas Compression, Refrigeration, HVAC, and Aerospace.
- Sold to OEMs (business to business).
- Connecting a strategic and executional plan.
- Clear understanding of marketing and sales functions.
- Created a sales force from scratch to geographically grow a company.
- Sold to products to one or more of these industries: locomotive rail, mining, construction, Ag, forestry, transportation, medical, marine, gas compression, refrigeration, HVAC, and aerospace.
- Managed a dedicated sales force or a group of Reps from a Rep company.
- Managed a sales organization that includes multiple territories throughout the US.
- Managed utilizing customer relationship management software.
- Worked with supply chain and procurement departments and familiar with engineering specs and the sales process.
- Understanding of complementary sales to Dynamic Tubes' offerings to identify reps.
- Work to create all the tools needed.
- Strong consideration will be given to applicants with experience in related industry and markets with a current network and customer relationships directly applicable to those stated in the Essential Job Functions.