A recognized leader in robotic systems integration, Genesis Systems Group has been in business since 1983. Genesis specializes in factory automation with robots for welding, cutting, non-destructive inspection, adhesive application, material removal, material handling and waterjet cutting. Over one-third of Genesis employees have more than 15 years' experience with Genesis in the robotic automation industry. Genesis Systems Group has offices in Davenport, Iowa, Rochester Hills, Michigan, San Juan Del Rio, Queretaro CP Mexico and Nagoya, Aichi, Japan. For more information log onto www.genesis-systems.com.
The Vice President of Operations provides operational, financial and management strategy and contributes to the achievement of the organization’s strategic goals. In addition to strategic activities, the Vice President of Operations will be charged with developing the management and leadership capabilities of her/his direct reports to improve the operational aspects of the business that contribute to increased enterprise value.
Responsibilities and Authorities
- Advise the CEO/President and other key members of senior management on operational related challenges and opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping all informed of all critical issues.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary.
- Conduct regular reviews of performance metrics with operating group.
- Provide oversight and guidance, as appropriate, to ensure success of projects through delivery process. This can be accomplished through reviewing quotations, attending kick-off, risk preview and risk review meetings, and following up on progress as it relates to technical, financial run-off and customer satisfaction indicators.
- Conduct management review meetings every other month.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the operations teams.
- Upgrade and implement appropriate system optimizations, internal controls and best practices.
- Plan and execute the annual budget process.
- Obeys company policies and procedures and observes all safety regulations.
Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in related field; a Master's in Business Administration is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a senior management role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience gained in a high-growth organization.
- Custom manufacturing of capital equipment
- Understands design and “how things work”
- From a company with sales between $60 and $120 million and 200 to 500 employees
- High tech industry
- Drafting and/or design experience in career
- Process oriented
- Connection to the Midwest
- VP of Operations and/or Plant Management
- Financial acumen
- People development
- Prefer someone who has worked in an integration environment.