Manufacturing Operations Director | ASV Holdings, Inc.
ASV Holdings, Inc. designs and manufactures a full line of compact track loaders and skid steers used primarily in construction, forestry, landscaping and agriculture. ASV also sells OEM equipment and aftermarket parts.
The Manufacturing Operations Director is responsible for providing overrall management and leadership for our manufacturing operations. As a key member of the leadership team, the Manufacturing Operations Director will also be responsible for providing strategic leadership and focus that drives operational excellence as a key contributor toward achieving our near term strategic goals and long term strategic plan. This is a high impact, highly visible role with the potential to advance.
- Directly responsible for leading the efficient operation of the manufacturing plant.
- Monitors, controls and continuously improves the key business indicators as they relate to operational excellence and profitable growth.
- Leads and sustains a dedicated, capable, engaged and productive workforce through an effective people development process and strict adherence to our core values: Safety, Quality, Teamwork, Integrity and Customer Satisfaction.
- Participates in Strategic Planning process.
- Defines, measures, analyzes, improves and controls processes to reduce waste, improve performance, and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Initiates and appropriately applies the key elements of Lean and various other continuous improvement tools.
- Defines and controls departmental staffing, work schedules, inventory levels, spending budgets, and CAPEX requirements.
- Demonstrates solid team leadership through own actions.
- Continually aligns with peers to ensure shared strategic goals are met.
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
- 4-year degree in relevant field (MBA preferred)
- 10+ years' relevant leadership experience in manufacturing roles of increasing responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of lean manufacturing practices and implementation.
- Strong knowledge of materials and inventory control in manufacturing environments.
- Strong knowledge of proper health, safety and environmental practices and procedures in manufacturing environments.
- Must be process oriented with attention to detail.
- Experience in leading and implementing significant productivity improvement, quality improvement and cost reduction projects and processes.
- Must have a clear track record of people and business development.
- Ability to motivate teams and manage several projects concurrently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate others, resolve conflict, encourage teamwork, and manage employee performance.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data, develop financial plans, and manage resources.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of setting up and managing departmental key operating metrics dashboard.