Peoria Market President | F&M Bank
The Peoria Market President will be responsible for all banking activities of the Peoria marketplace with a special focus on managing all commercial activities including: supervision of lenders; holding lenders accountable for sales/service and adherence to all loan agreements and covenants; approval of loans within personal lending limits; assistance to lenders regarding loan structure and pricing. The Peoria Market President will guide all new commercial business development efforts and actively call on loan prospects and existing customers with the goal of assisting other loan officers in growing their portfolio as well as personally grow and manage their own loan portfolio to meet or exceed loan and deposit goals. The Peoria Market President will also serve on the loan committee.
- Build F&M Bank into a leading community bank in Peoria.
- Grow the commercial loan portfolio with a special emphasis on larger high quality credits and C&I loans. While personally growing your own loan portfolio, assist other lenders in providing leads to open up new opportunities, refer business to them, support them in reaching new customers and develop new niches for the bank.
- Support the mission of the Company in order to provide high quality, integrated financial services and products to the communities served. Fulfill this mission by providing consistent first-class customer experiences, by creating an environment that will attract and retain quality people, by consistently enhancing shareholder value through operation as a community financial service organization, and by being a socially responsible citizen in the communities by sharing resources through leadership, support, and involvement.
- Plan, control, and manage the resources toward established bank objectives by performing various management duties to insure compliance with policies of the Board and regulatory requirements and assist in the development of short- and long-term profit and objectives.
- Develop, implement, and achieve annual goals and objectives as established in the annual operating plan.
- Organize management, i.e. structure, human resources, etc., in order to achieve objectives. Participate in the development of the budget for Peoria.
- Cooperate with, participate in, and support adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management, overall safety and soundness, and the bank’s compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Directly supervise assigned management and support personnel.
- Communicate and interface with management personnel throughout the company in order to integrate objectives and activities. Serve on the senior management team and senior loan committee of the region. If qualified serve on the holding company loan committee.
- Provide periodic reports to the Board of Directors, and other groups, committees, or individuals as required.
- Maintain advanced knowledge and awareness of financial industry status and trends.
- Actively uphold the organization’s vision, mission and values, encompassing mutual respect, honoring commitments, working with integrity and accepting responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy, show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, and promote a working environment free of harassment of any type.
- Assure compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Has a strong commitment and dedication to internal and external customer service.
- Take a leadership role in commercial lending activities. Look for new niches and have community contacts to bring larger and more complex commercial credits to the bank.
- Help recruit an advisory board and leverage their contacts and expertise to advance the goals of the bank.
- Act as the sales manager for the bank with the goals of increasing loans, deposits and fee income.
- Take on leadership roles in the community.
Knowledge and Past Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university; M.B.A. preferred.
- 15 or more years of related experience and/or training.
- Previously or currently a commercial banking manager or senior vice president of lending.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and previous experience growing a commercial loan department.
- Preferably currently working in Peoria or previously in the market.
- Experience at developing a sales culture and being an effective sales manager.
- Advanced experience, knowledge, and training in progressively responsible branch or department operations, lending, and supervisory activities.
- Intermediate knowledge of general accounting, payroll, budgeting, and related accounting and record keeping systems in a financial institution.
- Advanced knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and Bank accounting policies and procedures.
- Exceptional organization skills with the ability to provide leadership, supervision and training for multiple employees using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; demonstrated ability in organization and delegation skills.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation and word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
- Typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Exceptional math skills.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Thorough understanding of management procedures; ability to plan department or Bank activities; initiative to organize various functions necessary to accomplish department or Bank activities; effectively staff; directing employees towards the desired objectives; controlling the function.
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.