Senior Controller | Central Bancshares, Inc.
Central Bancshares, Inc. (CBI) is a bank holding company with two wholly-owned bank subsidiaries and two state charters. There are 12 full-service banking locations in two states, with a total workforce of just over 200 employees.
CBI is stable, employee oriented, and committed to community. Opportunities include growth potential, learning about all facets of banking, being part of a bigger challenge than just one’s individual position, and having control over one’s future. CBI is financially strong, safe and conservative, ethical, customer-driven, business-friendly, and open to new and better banking initiatives. CBI’s mindset is evident in its Vision Statement of “Doing the right thing, all the time”.
The Senior Controller is responsible for managing accounts payable, budgeting, cash management, and general ledger functions, as well as filing required returns and internal audits. This individual will assist the CFO with the financial affairs of the bank and with preparation of financial analyses of operations, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from a four year college or university; or six or more years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA a plus. CPA firm experience a plus.
- Work related experience should consist of an in-depth background in accounting, management and supervisory skills. Educational experience through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be applicable to the financial industry.
- Four to ten years in a senior accounting role in a bank.
- Background managing people to include hiring, reviewing and developing staff.
- From at least a $200 million dollar bank but probably not larger than $5 billion.
- Hands-on experience in producing statements
- Project experience including work on acquisitions and conversions.
- Comfortable communicating results on an executive level.
- Used to a high amount of activity and collaboration in the department and with other departments.
- Intermediate knowledge of general accounting, payroll, budgeting, and related accounting and record keeping systems in a financial institution.
- Advanced knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and Bank accounting policies and procedures.
- Intermediate skills related to the consolidation and reporting of Bank financial results, and formulation and implementation of Bank accounting procedures.
- Advanced math skills.
- Advanced oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.