Commercial Lender | Walcott Trust and Savings Bank
The Commercial Loan Officer interviews loan applicants to obtain necessary financial information for a variety of loan types, but primarily business-oriented loans. This position analyzes and screens preliminary loan requests for a variety of loan types, develops loan packages, and recommends loan terms and conditions. This position is also responsible for the proper documentation, monitoring and collection of loans.
- Small locally owned bank where ownership is not directly involved in operation but involved in oversight
- Longtime family ownership
- Extremely stable and not for sale
- Since 2012 years has grown from $89MM in assets to $128MM
- Well capitalized at 26%
- Most growth is organic
- Currently has a $91 million dollar gross loan portfolio
- Very low past dues $80K
- $72MM in commercial & Ag credits, $8MM in consumer which includes residential real estate
- The position will have a $150K lending limit, the two senior lenders together have $250K limit and with the president $500K
- Anything over $1.5 MM goes to the board of directors
- 78% loan to deposit ratio
- Bank currently earning .82 ROA
- For larger loans they have participating partners they sell to and buy loans from
- Have loans as large as $10MM to one entity
- Bank has a loan limit of $3MM
- Loan department works as a team with active participation from loan operations, credit and sales functions – group also recommends structuring, pricing and terms
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Services a wide variety of business loans.
- Interviews applicants to determine loan risk.
- Makes decisions on loans and terms within established lending limits.
- Completes loan presentations for loan committee and attends loan committee meetings. Voting privileges based upon experience.
- Cross sells bank deposit and other services and products.
- Calls on potential or existing customers to develop new business and increase or retain existing business
- Participates with other loan officers on larger loans.
- Monitors existing loans to ensure complete compliance with terms.
- Collects delinquent loans or coordinates workout of problem loans.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation and proper filing of loan documents.
Education, Training and Experience
- Requires a 4-year degree.
- Minimum 4 years of direct commercial lending experience. Agricultural lending experience a plus.
- Business development and financial analysis skills.