Human Resources Manager | RiverStone Group
From highways and bridges to homes and shopping malls, RiverStone’s materials make up the infrastructure and buildings that form the foundation of our economy.
RiverStone is the largest privately-held aggregates company in the country. Their products range from base products that form the foundation for most roadways, to specially processed chips and stone that are the primary ingredient in asphalt and concrete. RiverStone operates 34 quarries and sand pits in Illinois, Iowa, and Missouri, and is the primary source for these critical construction materials in many communities.
The Human Resource Manager works under the direction of the Director of Human Resources and is responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function.
- Manage recruitment effort by writing and placing advertisements, working with supervisors to screen and interview candidates, and conducting reference and background checks
- Develop new, creative and effective recruitment strategies
- Responsible for the performance review process including goal setting with high potential employees
- Design and launch training and development plans for all employees
- Create a new, centralized hiring process utilizing screening tools
- Responsible for creating a new orientation and on-boarding process
- Help to improve communication between all locations
- Work closely with worker’s compensation administration
- Develop a formal compensation program looking five years out
- Act as an internal partner with managers and supervisors
- Act as a change agent
Past Experience and Training
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field
- Human Resource Certification a plus: SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR, or GPHR
- At least 5-7 years of experience in a Senior Human Resources Generalist role
- From an organization of at least 400 employees and $100-150M in sales